- About LANDBANK Trust Banking Group
- UNIT INVESTMENT TRUST FUND
- PERSONAL EQUITY AND RETIREMENT ACCOUNT - UNIT INVESTMENT TRUST FUND
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- PERSONAL FUND MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- INSTITUTIONAL TRUST SERVICES
- About LANDBANK
- Corporate Profile
- Major Roles
- Guiding Principles of LANDBANK
- Corporate Environmental Policy
- Performance Highlights
- Our Policy for Quality
- Board of Directors and Management Team
- Board Level Committees
- Organizational Chart
- Awards and Recognition
- FOUNDATION AND SUBSIDIARIES
- CSR Statement
- Gawad Sibol Program
- Gawad e-Dukasyon Program
- Gawad Kabuhayan Program
- Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program
- Manila Bay SUNSET Partnership Program, Inc. (MBSPPI)
- Funding Support for Galing Pook
- Disaster Relief Operations and Donations to Calamities
- BANGON Mini-Farms Program
- Funding Support for LANDBANK Countryside Development Foundation, Inc.
Disaster Relief Operations and Donations to Calamities
Because local government units (LGUs) are one of the most important priority sectors of the Bank, LANDBANK provides donations and conducts relief operations during disasters and calamities.
Both the Bank and its employees provide assistance when needed. Some of the highlights of these activities in 2013-2014 are as follows:
1. Typhoon “Yolanda”
- In the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda, a total of 161 provinces, cities and municipalities in the Visayas and Palawan received varying amounts of financial assistance from LANDBANK (Php200,000.00 per province; Php100,000.00 per city/municipality), totaling Php17,600,000.00.
- Graduates of the Bank’s Management Training Program (MTP) and Officers Development Program (ODP), together with other LANDBANK volunteers forewent the comforts of an air conditioned office and braved the heat and exhaustion at the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) at the Port of Manila, as they joined the relief operations spearheaded by the DSWD and the DOF.
- LANDBANK was tapped to assist in relief goods repacking and loading activities. A total of 547,070 family packs of relief goods were prepared at the MICT relief hub. Of these, 445,270 family packs were loaded in containers and shipped to Tacloban City for distribution. Almost 300 trainees of the Philippine Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force also assist in the repacking and loading of the relief goods per shift. First aid assistance and meals were provided by LANDBANK for all volunteers.
2. PDRF. Also in relation to Typhoon Yolanda, LANDBANK donated Php1,000,000.00 to the Philippine Disaster Recovery Foundation (PDRF) to fund the rehabilitation of affected areas under its “Help Ph” project. President Pico was also named as a board member of PDRF, which is chaired by Mr. Manuel V. Pangilinan.
For their part, LANDBANK employees, both from the head office and branches, voluntarily donated a total of 200 large/balikbayan boxes of relief goods containing assorted clothes, toiletries and food items. These were forwarded to the Cebu and Iloilo Command Centers for distribution to families affected by Typhoon Yolanda.
3. Grant-A-Wish Project. As school children in Leyte faced a bleak and gloomy Christmas 2013 after their homes and schools were devastated by Typhoon Yolanda, Landbankers brought them a bit of a smile through LANDBANK’s “Grant-A-Wish Project.”
A total of 351 students from Grades 1 to 6 from Can-Adieng Elementary School in Ormoc City received assorted food/grocery items, clothes and school supplies last Jan. 10, 2014. Late 2013, the kids wrote their personal wishes in Christmas cards that were hung on the Christmas tree at the LBP Plaza lobby. Landbankers then picked the cards and fulfilled the children’s wishes from their own pockets.
4. HABAGAT (August 2013): Because of the onslaught of “Habagat” in the later part of 2013, LANDBANK donated goods and services (funds and volunteers) to conduct relief operations in the following affected areas:
|DATE||VENUE||NO. OF BENEFICIARIES|
August 21 (Wed)
(c/o Couples For Christ)
|Santuario de San Pedro Bautista Parish (San Francisco Del Monte, Quezon City)||1,000|
August 24 (Sat)
(c/o Fr. Paschal Gorgona)
|San Roque Parish Church (Cabrera St., Pasay City)||2,500|
August 31 (Sat)
(c/o Caritas Manila)
(c/o Couples for Christ)
1. Our Lady of Assumption Parish (Asuncion St., Malate, Manila)
2. St. Anthony de Padua Shrine (Singalong corner San Andres Sts., Manila)
3. San Jose de Trozo (1430 Masangkay St., Sta. Cruz, Manila)
4. Couples for Christ-Laguna (Landayan, San Pedro and Dela Paz, Biñan)
September 13 (Fri)
(c/o Imus Branch)
|St. Michael Archangel Parish (Bacoor, Cavite)||1,500|
5. BOHOL EARTHQUAKE: The Bank donated a total of Php3,750,000.00 in cash to the Province of Palawan, plus one city and 26 municipalities for the relief and rehabilitation operations of the affected LGU.
6. Mt. Mayon Eruption. LANDBANK also provided a rice and t-shirt donation worth One Million Pesos (Php1,000,000.00) to the Provincial Government of Albay in October 2013 during the eruption of Mt. Mayon. It was distributed to 7,960 families in the Municipalities of Malilipot, Camalig, Daraga and Sto. Domingo.